Hi there! My name is Nanette
My method of training is based on scientific learning theories, reward based and force-free training. i.e. Positive Reinforcement training.
I have been dog training for 6 years teaching basic manners behavior modification and shelter/rescue work. I became a dog trainer graduating from Animal Behavior College in 2016 where I earned my certification as an ABC Certified Dog Trainer. (ABCDT)
(ABC) is approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education and is an internationally recognized school. My year-long commitment to this program provided me with a formal education in canine obedience training and understanding behavior and its motives. I have hands-on experience training many different dogs in many different scenarios learning the different temperaments and behaviors of each dog. I am also a member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT)
- I volunteered at a dog rescue from 2018-2022 training and walking dogs. Training gives them structure and a jump start in finding their forever home.
- I volunteered at an animal shelter for 9 months, training and walking dogs, while still in school.
- I was an intern for 3 months where group classes and puppy socialization classes were held
- I worked at a board and train facility for 5 months learning different ways to build trust and confidence with the dogs
- I work solely with private lessons and have had great success with the owners and their pups. **see testimonials and Google reviews.
I have learned so much from the dogs I have trained and from the people who mentored me; answering so many questions about what to do, what not to do, timing, body language and all the hands-on skills needed to become a great dog trainer. I decided to take all of that information, along with my passion and compassion for helping people and dogs and step out on faith and start my own dog training business.
I continue to work on my education in dog training by attending dog training conferences, trade shows and continuing education programs.
What We do
- Week 1 the name game, sit, down, stand, touch
- Week 2 sit/down-stay, focus, leave it, mat work, drop
- Week 3 sit/down-stay, intro to heel, heel with focus
- Week 4 sit/down-stay with distractions, loose leash walking, recall
- Week 5 loose leash walking with distractions, recall
- Week 6 Review of all behaviors from weeks 1-5 and GRADUATION!!!
- Reactive displays in response to people, dogs or other animals
- Separation Distress
- Fearful or anxious in response to people, dogs or other animals
- Fearful or anxious in response to sounds, objects, or storms
- Protective/possessive of/aggressive around food, toys, bed, or other objects (resource guarding)
- Jumping to greet people
- Reactive leash walking
- Puppy concerns
Next level training
All behaviors learned in Basic Manners with higher distractions, off-leash training, and freestyle recall.
Dog walking services available
What Drives Us
To provide you with a better understanding of the way humans and dogs communicate with each other through our body language. And, to help you and your dog live in harmony for many years.